An interview with director Michael Mann on writing Heat, reducing the script for TV movie LA Takedown and then making the full version.
Ten years after the film was made cameras follow the original location scouts for Heat as they provide a guided tour of some of the key shooting locations for Heat around LA. One of the most interesting is where they discuss the final airport scene and Mann’s inch by inch detail in planning the final shoot out. For those who haven’t seen this bonus feature you will enjoy it.
- Heat Shootout Behind the Scenes Feature
- Deleted Scenes
- Michael Rooker on Michael Mann’s L.A. Takedown & Heat
- Behind the scenes of the shooting scene in Heat
- Alternative Music Ending to Michael Mann’s Heat
- Artistic influences on Michael Mann
- Analysis of Heat
- Al Pacino and Robert De Niro: Heat – The Conversation
- Michael Mann Heat and Insider Interview
Documentary of Key Scenes with Michael Mann and Actors
For as long as these videos are available online, you can treat yourself to some old but powerful Michael Mann interviews with some of our best loved Michael Mann scenes. This is wonderful footage, including actor interviews about the Tiger scene from Manhunter and that extraordinarily charged cliff scene in Last of the Mohicans. It includes scenes from Heat, and also the Insider. Actors speak about who they feel Michael Mann is, with some superb quotes to take away that sum up our favourite director. Get Michael Mann’s inside story. Essential viewing, enjoy. I did… immensely.